January 4, 2008

And, yes, I'm aware of the irony of using television in order to decry it, so don't bother pointing it out

I realize that this may seem to defeat itself, since, by posting about it, I am demonstrating that I am not immune to this tendency to deny people the space to have private lives, but...

in the slow sad car crash that has become Britney Spear's life, it has not seemed to occur to any journalists that, when they say they're waiting to hear what the psychological and toxicological reports about Miss Spears contain, that perhaps it's not their business, and that their concern about the children (I'm not sure that perhaps growing up on the streets, raised by wolverines, might not be a better option than either parent, frankly) would be a bit more sincere if not tainted by voyeurism and vampirism.

Just a few angry thoughts...and, of course, given that Owen Wilson didn't have THAT high of a profile, of COURSE they gave him relative space.

No comments:

Blog Archive