January 27, 2008

Follow My Voice

Saw this movie this afternoon as part of the Reelout Festival. It was sparsely attended, which is odd given that it was a Sunday afternoon - what else do people have to do in this town, particularly, given their kvetching, since there's nothing to do in this town in the evening? ;)

It was very heartening to hear people in the 'crowd' applaud and cheer after the footage of Yoko voice-improvising out, given the usual immature way people react to her very presence.

To briefly describe the movie, it's a documentary about the Hettrick-Martin Institute, which houses the Harvey Milk School in New York City, a haven/school for queer youth, with the framing device being the music from HEDWIG AND THE ANGRY INCH. It's a very touching movie, and I'll really have to haul the attending charity CD out again, since tracks that were really moving in the movie, from my memory, didn't impress me on the CD (Frank Black rocking out SUGAR DADDY; Cyndi diva-ing MIDNIGHT RADIO) and some I hated at the time were really wonderful (Rufus Wainwright).

Anyway - on the way home, there was a new bus driver - a cute wittle cubbie. :)

(Yes, I know, but even a committed bear like me occasionally lusts for a different stick of licorice)

No comments:

Blog Archive